For five years, the GFWC Temple Terrace Woman’s Club has been sponsoring a Health Fair for its members.
Last year, the club opened the fair to the community for the first time. Following the success of that event, the club is inviting residents to its next on April 25, 9-11 a.m. at the .
“Our goal is to emphasize the importance of health care, nutrition, and general safety for a long productive life,” said Irene Bosek, club member.
Organizations giving presentations include:
- American Cancer Society, cancer detection
- , massage therapy
- Diabetes and Endocrinology Institute, glucose check
- Florida Blood Services, Blood Mobile for donations
- Florida Eye Clinic, eye drops and eye care informational material and hearing test
- Meals on Wheels Andrea Brogen
- , blood pressure assay
- , exercise and nutrition
- , Knox Box, CPR classes and safety rules
“The club is also honoring our longtime members at our general meeting, which will be held immediately after the Health Fair,” Bosek said.