Cynics might say it would be news when traffic on Interstate-75 was not disrupted.
But the Florida Department of Transportation has just released the schedule of the latest lane closures, and Patch readers might find the information helpful.
The closures are a necessary inconvenience thanks to a $95 million, 11.4-mile I-75 widening project between Fowler Avenue and State Road 56.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast, sign-up here.
According to the FDOT:
- One lane may be closed in each direction of I-75 in various areas between Fowler Avenue (Exit 265) and Bruce B. Downs Boulevard (Exit 270) Sunday through Thursday (Jan. 27-31) nights. Southbound closures will be 10:30 p.m.-5 a.m.; northbound closures 11 p.m.-6 a.m.
- One lane will be closed in each direction of Fletcher Avenue under I-75 Monday through Friday (Jan. 28-Feb. 1), 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Either the movement to eastbound or westbound Fowler Avenue from southbound I-75 Exit 265 will be closed for about half the night Thursday (Jan. 31) 10 p.m. to Friday (Feb. 1) 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured to the open portion of the ramp and can make a U-turn on Fowler Avenue to go in the other direction.
- One lane may be closed in each direction of I-75 from State Road 56 (Exit 275) to north of County Road 54 (Exit 279) 8 p.m.-5 a.m. Friday (Jan. 25) and Sunday (Jan. 27) through Friday (Feb. 1) nights.
- One to two lanes may be closed on southbound I-75 between State Road 56 (Exit 275) and the I-275 interchange area (Exit 274) Thursday (Jan. 31) 10:30 p.m. to Friday (Feb. 1) 5 a.m. At least one lane will be open at all times.
- One lane will be closed in each direction of Bruce B. Downs Boulevard under I-75 Monday through Thursday (Jan. 28-31) 10 p.m.-6 a.m.
Bumpy Roads Near I-75: Necessary or Dangerous?I-75 Construction Shouldn’t Cause Holiday Delays (November 2011)