If you like photography and the city of Temple Terrace, then the GFWC Temple Terrace Woman’s Club has a contest that’s perfect for you.
The club is working to publish its 2013 calendar, and it’s looking for photos from the community that fit this year’s theme: “Temple Terrace…What I Like About You.”
Anyone is eligible to participate, but contestants can only submit one photo. A contestant’s photo should represent what he or she likes about living in Temple Terrace and may be in color or black and white.
This is the third year that the club has hosted a photo contest to gather images for its calendar. Club members will choose 14 photos in all. Thirteen will be used inside, and the photo that judges like best will be used for the cover.
“We are very excited about this fundraising endeavor and look forward to having many entries,” said Elaine Coniglio, club member.
The club sells its annual calendars to raise money for its volunteer efforts. The included historic photographs of Temple Terrace matched with current pictures at the same locations.
There is no fee to enter this year’s contest. Entries cannot be returned.
Additional rules are as follows:
- Photographs or graphics must be printed and received no later than May 1, 2012. Late entries will not be considered.
- Prints must be 8 ½-by-11 inches or smaller and horizontal-landscape orientation.
- Contestants should not send slides or negatives. Once selected, a digital file may be requested.
- Contestants must know the names and addresses of all identifiable persons in the entries.
- Judging will be performed by the membership of the Temple Terrace Woman’s Club at its May meeting.
- The contestants designated as the winners will be required to furnish a release from each identifiable person in the photograph.
- The winner will also be asked to sign and deliver to the Temple Terrace Woman’s Club a publicity release and permission to reprint the entry as a photo or other form of artwork.
- The winners will be announced upon publication of the calendar and will be eligible to exhibit their photographs at the General Federation of Woman’s Club Headquarters in New York City.
Entries may be given to any club member, or they can be mailed to:
c/o Marlene Williams
11405 Tullamore Place
Temple Terrace, FL 33617