Invite a friend
"The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde
Masque Theatre’s first production of the 2013 season is Oscar Wilde’s classic farcical comedy, “The Importance of Being Earnest.” It was first performed in 1895 at the St. James's Theatre in London and has been revived many times since.
Oscar Wilde’s classic farcical comedy is a tale of mistaken identities. Jack is "Ernest" to his love, Gwendolen. Algernon is "Ernest" to his love, Cecily. When Jack returns to his country house unexpectedly to announce "Ernest's" sudden death in Paris, he is disagreeably surprised to learn that "Ernest" is at that very moment in the house. Thus, the comedic dance begins!
Directed by Richard Coppinger, the cast includes Matt Bravo as John Worthing, Derrick Buchanan as Algernon Moncrieff, Gina Giordano as Gwendolen Fairfax, Shanelle Bell as Cecily Cardew, Mike Knapp as Lane, Leslie Strange as Lady Bracknell, Petra Sussman as Miss Prism, Charlie Strange as Dr. Chasuble and Dale Noss as Merriman.
“The Importance of Being Earnest” will run February 22 - March 17, 2013 at the Omar K Lightfoot Center, 10901 N 56th St in Temple Terrace, FL. Friday and Saturday night performances are at 8 pm, with Sunday performances at 3 pm. Adult tickets are $14 and Students/Seniors/Military are $12. Tickets for groups of 10 or more are $10 each. Flex books are no longer available, however flex tickets purchased in the past will be honored.
You may purchase tickets on our website, at the door on the day of the show, or make a reservation by calling 813-983-1710 and leaving your name, a phone number, the date of the show you wish to attend, and how many seats you wish to reserve. Seating is first come, first served and the box office opens ½ hour before the performance.
For more information, please visit http://www.masquetheatre.net or become a fan on our Facebook© page, http://www.facebook.com/masquecommunitytheatre.
|Where||Omar K. Lightfoot Recreation Center 10901 N 56th St, Temple Terrace, FL 33617|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Price||Adults $14, Students/Seniors/Military $12, Child under 12 $10|
More About Omar K. Lightfoot Recreation Center
The Omar K. Lightfoot Recreation Center offers programs and recreational activities for seniors. It also provides van service and a computer lab.
Other events here
- Hatha Yoga Weekly on Fridays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Hatha Yoga Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Zumba Classes at Lightfoot Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:30 am
- Temple Terrace Table Tennis Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Summer Art Basics For Adults & Teens Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Art Workshops with Terry Klaaren Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Line Dance Classes Weekly on Wednesdays, 9:30 am
- Yoga Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:30 pm–5:30 pm
- Zumba Classes at Lightfoot Weekly on Thursdays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Holdiay Open House "Girls Night Out" Mon, Dec 2, 5:00 pm–9:00 pm