Temple Terrace residents hoping to catch up on some business with the City of Temple Terrace or Hillsborough County on Monday will have to wait. Most government offices will close in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Schools are also closed, and garbage collection in Temple Terrace will be affected.
Here’s what’s open and closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day in Temple Terrace.
The Family Recreation Complex will be open Monday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
For more information, call 813-506-6600.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast, sign-up here.
In Hillsborough County, that most facilities, including administrative offices, will be closed Monday.
Here’s a look at some of the more specific closings:
- Animal Services: The county’s shelter will close for the holiday, but emergency staff will be available at 813-744-5660.
- Fire Rescue: Administrative offices will be closed, including the Fire Marshall’s Office and the Office of Emergency Management. Emergency services, however, will continue.
- InfoL!ne: No one will be answering the phones at 813-272-5900 on Monday.
- Head Start: All Head Start and Early Head Start locations and delegate agencies such as the YMCA, will be closed Jan. 21 for the holiday and again Jan. 22 for a teacher training day.
- Libraries: All Hillsborough County public libraries are closed Monday.
- Parks: The county’s recreation centers are closed, but all regional parks plan to open.
- Sunshine Line: Service will not be available on Monday.
- Public Utilities: Customer service centers and administrative offices are closed. Emergencies can be called into 813-744-5600. The Water Quality Hotline at 813-264-3835 will be manned over the holiday, as well.
For more information about Hillsborough County government closings, visit the county’s website.
In Temple Terrace, there will be no residential trash collection or curbside recycling Monday. Residents should save their recycling items for pickup the following Monday. Commercial garbage collection will not be affected by the holiday.The after-hours, holiday and emergency number for Public Works is 813-506-6590.
In Hillsborough County, residents who put their trash out on the curb for Monday pickup don’t have to change their plans. Hillsborough County’s trash collection services will operate without skipping a beat.
The county has announced there will be no interruption in service in regards to solid waste collection. This includes garbage, recyclables and yard waste pickups in unincorporated Hillsborough, Tampa Palms, Hunter’s Green and New Tampa.
Residents who want to do a little pre-spring cleaning will also find that the Southeast County Landfill, the Northwest and South County transfer stations, the Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers and yard waste processing facilities will also all remain open on Monday, according to a county media release.
All Hillsborough County public schools are closing up for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Public schools are also closed Tuesday, Jan. 22 for students only. Teachers need to report to work.
Hillsborough schools close out their second grading period and first semester on Friday, Jan. 19. The next day off for students comes Feb. 8 when kids in West Hillsborough County get to enjoy Florida State Fair Day. East Hillsborough students don’t have to feel left out. They get Strawberry Festival Day on March 4.
For a complete look at the school year calendar, the district’s schedule online.