If you want to tie the knot in a romantic setting on Valentine’s Day, Sobeida LeBlanc has a free option for you.
LeBlanc will marry you and your sweetheart at Woodmont Park and won’t charge you a dime.
“It is a proven fact that Feb. 14 is the date with the most recorded marriages,” LeBlanc said. “With the current economic conditions, a lot of couples do not have the means to fund elaborate weddings and simply choose to go to the court house to get married, so I wanted to offer this amazing opportunity to marry 14 couples totally free, in a beautiful and romantic setting.”
LeBlanc has worked for the City of Temple Terrace since 2001 and began working in the City Clerk’s Office in 2005. One of her roles is performing marriages, and she said she’s fallen in love with the task.
“Working in this office, I realized the community’s need for economical but beautiful ceremonies,” she said. “I enjoy this part of my job so much that I decided to start my own business officiating marriages.”
“While there are many other companies out there offering these services, I feel that the prices and beautiful theme packages that I offer, along with my passion and dedication will set The Golden Marriage Carriage aside from the rest,” she said.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast, sign-up here.
LeBlanc will marry up to 14 couples on Valentine’s Day. Rod Cambridge of RODC Photography will provide professional photographs. If you’re interested in participating, here are the specifics:
- A couple must provide their own valid Florida Marriage License and photo identification prior to the ceremony. (There is a 3-day waiting period before you may use the issued license to be married.)
- LeBlanc will be at Woodmont Park 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and will perform ceremonies in 30-minute increments on a first-come, first-served basis. As of Thursday morning (Jan. 31), all time slots are open.
- Reservations are not required, but LeBlanc recommends couples reserve a spot in order to guarantee their time. Call her at 813-999-4128 or email her at email@example.com.
- Couples must arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their scheduled ceremony.
- A link to view photos online will be available within three weeks after Valentine’s Day. Each couple will also receive print rights to their images.
Here’s what else your 30-minute Valentine’s Day wedding ceremony will include:
- Filing of your marriage license
- Seating for 50 guests
- Ceremony music for the bride’s entrance
- The use of a red rose heart arch, ceremony stand, two pillar candleholders with red candles, two pedestals with rose bouquets, a red aisle runner, and a rose bouquet for the bride during the ceremony