TBT Has ‘Key Club of the Year’
This is the second consecutive year that the Tampa Bay Tech Key Club has earned the distinction.
The Tampa Bay Technical High School Key Club saw success at a district convention in May, according to Jamie Klingman, one of the club’s advisors.
The club became the Distinguished, Diamond Level, Malcolm S. Lewis Key Club of the Year for the second year in a row.
“Besides the awards below, including club of the year out of 361 clubs for the second year in a row, Debra Conn (sponsor) was also recognized as G. Harold Martin Outstanding Advisor,” said Klingman, a 2000 graduate of TBT.
Other awards included:
- 1st Place for Scrapbook
- 1st Place for Non-Digital Poster
- 1st Place for Digital Poster
- 1st Place for Diamond Level Eliminate Project Fundraising
- 1st Place for Kiwanis Family Relations
- 1st Place for Oratorical Presentation
- 2nd Place for Project Display Board
- 2nd Place for Single Service Award (Service Fair)
- 2nd Place for Major Emphasis Project (Buddy Baseball)
- 3rd Place for T-shirt
Additionally, Cecelia Ferguson and Devon Mims were endorsed by the Florida Key Club Delegates, which means they are Florida Key Club’s International Trustee Candidates, Conn said. If elected in July at the International Convention, they will represent both TBT and Florida as members of the International Board of Trustees.