Sunrise Village Being Evacuated
About 90 residents are being relocated due to flooding.
Hillsborough County sheriff’s deputies and fire rescue personnel are teaming up to evacuate about 90 people from Sunrise Village Retirement Home, 11722 N. 17th St.
According to a media release, the home is in an area that’s known to flood.
“Water is up to the building as of right now,” the release said.
At this point, residents are being evacuated as a precaution. They will be taken by bus to other facilities affiliated with Sunrise Village, the release said.
Stay with Patch for more updates on the evacuation as they become available.
- Debby Keeps Tampa Bay on High Alert
- Watch Out for These Roads, Sheriff's Office Advises
- How is Temple Terrace Weathering the Storm?
- TECO Outages Slam Bay Area
- Tampa Bay Area Tornado Watch Extended
- Hillsborough Schools Open on Monday
- Need Sandbags? Get Them Here
- Tampa Bay Area Under Tropical Storm Watch
- Rain From Tropical Storm Debby Soaks Temple Terrace
- How is Tropical Storm Debby Affecting Temple Terrace?
- Tornado Watch Issued for Tampa Bay Area
- Tornado Spotted Near Temple Terrace
- Tropical Storm Debby Forms; Rainy Weekend Continues for Tampa Bay