Rec Center Announces Summer Athletic Leagues
Scott Andrews, Temple Terrace recreation supervisor, is putting together sports for kids and adults.
The Temple Terrace Family Recreation Complex will host the following youth and adult leagues. Each league season runs for approximately eight weeks, plus playoffs. Registration is now open.
Rec Center membership is required for youth players. The cost per player to join a league is $50. All teams are coed, and registration ends when the league is full.
- Volleyball; Monday nights starting May 21; age groups are 7-11, 12-17
- Flag Football; Friday nights starting Oct. 5; age groups are 6-9, 10-14
- Dodgeball; Monday nights starting May 21; ages 9-16
- Basketball; Tuesday nights starting May 22; age groups are 6-9, 10-12
- Teen Basketball; Thursday nights starting May 24; ages, 13-17
Youth Cheerleading is also available for ages 6-13 at a cost of $60 per participant. Registration is underway now for the next season, which starts Sept. 28.
Adult players ages 18 and older do not have to be members of the Rec Center. The cost to join a team is $300, and registration ends with the league is full.
- Coed Softball; Tuesday and Wednesday night leagues start April 24 and 25; game times are 6:15 p.m., 7:15 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.
- Coed Volleyball; Monday night league starts May 21; game times are 7:15 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.
- Coed Dodgeball; Monday night league starts in May; game times are 7:15 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.
- Coed Flag Football; Thursday night league starts in May; game times are 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Coed Kickball; Sunday league starts in May when registration is full; game times are 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Pickleball; Open play starts in May; game times are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9 a.m.-noon; pre-registration is required
- Men’s Soccer; Sunday league starts in May; teams of seven players; game times are 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m.
- Men’s Basketball; Wednesday night league starts June 27; game times are 6:15 p.m., 7:15 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.
- Men’s Flag Football; Saturday morning league starts June 30; game times are 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m.
League start dates are subject to change depending on participant registrations. For more information, contact Scott Andrews, Temple Terrace recreation supervisor, at 813-506-6600 or email@example.com.