Public Works Director to be Honored
Robert Gordon is expected to be recognized at tonight’s City Council meeting.
Temple Terrace Public Works Director Robert Gordon has been selected for the Top 10 Public Works Leaders of the Year Award, presented by the American Public Works Association, and George Crombie, past president of the APWA, is expected to present the award at tonight’s City Council meeting.
The award honors the career service achievements of individual public works professionals. In the 52 years that the association has presented the award, only 21 recipients have come from Florida.
“I am delighted, and grateful, to be recognized by my peers,” Gordon, 59, said. “It’s a great honor.”
Mayor Joe Affronti is also expected to make a proclamation regarding National Public Works Week May 20-26.
According to the meeting agenda, the City Council is also expected to:
- award a contract for a water distribution replacement program in the Temple Park area to B.R.W. Contracting in the amount of $271,832;
- approve two-year continuing contracts between the city and six contractors for engineering services;
- renew banking services for one year between the city and BB&T for approximately $11,300;
- hear a presentation from Steven Schadt on Sertoma Youth Ranch;
- make proclamations regarding Code Enforcement Officers’ Appreciation Week; Emergency Medical Services Week; and World Refugee Day;
- make an appointment to Hillsborough River Technical Advisory Council; and
- consider a Code Enforcement lien reduction.
Councilman Ron Govin is expected to be absent from the meeting.
The meeting will be televised live on Verizon channel 39 and Bright House channel 950 and rebroadcast on Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays at 2 p.m.