New Mayor, City Council Meet Tuesday
This will be the group’s first full-length meeting.
Newly sworn-in Temple Terrace Mayor Frank Chillura and the City Council, consisting of newcomers Grant Rimbey and Eddie Vance and veterans Bob Boss, Alison Fernandez and David Pogorilich, will have their first full-length meeting Tuesday in the Council Chambers at City Hall beginning at 6 p.m.
According to the meeting agenda, they’re scheduled to:
- choose a vice mayor and confirm council liaisons and representatives;
- make appointments to the Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission and the River Watch Task Force;
- consider a resolution to approve a change order to a contract between the city and Dallas 1 Construction and Development for $12,712.85 to accommodate the Florida Department of Transportation’s resurfacing project related to the 56th Street water main relocation at 56th Street and 113th Avenue;
- consider a resolution to approve the purchase of a 2012 Chevy Tahoe for $27,758;
- consider a resolution to approve the time extension for a approved site plans and development orders;
- consider a resolution to approve the time extension for the promotional banner program;
- hear an overview of the Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) End of Year Ridership and Capital Projects;
- proclaim “National Arbor Day” and “Temple Terrace Arbor Day.”
The meeting will be televised live on Verizon Channel 39 and Bright House Channel 950 and rebroadcast on Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays at 2 p.m.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast, sign-up here.
New Mayor, Council Members Sworn In