Council to Consider Annexing Maislin Drive Property
The land is located at 8751 Maislin Drive.
Temple Terrace could be getting a little bit bigger.
If the Temple Terrace City Council favors the voluntary annexation of the property located at 8751 Maislin Drive, 6.7 acres will be added to the city.
Council members will consider the measure at their meeting Tuesday. If they give their initial approval, the measure will come back for a second and final vote at a future meeting.
The city is in the process of annexing properties in the U.S. 301 Industrial Park, where 8751 Maislin Drive is located. Last March, the city annexed seven properties in the area, totaling 35 acres and yielding $37,913 in annual property tax for the city.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast, sign-up here.
According to the meeting agenda, the City Council is also scheduled to:
- consider approving the one-year labor agreement effective Oct. 1, 2012, between the city and the International Association of Firefighters Local 3582;
- consider appointing Mayor Frank Chillura to a two-year term and City Manager Kim Leinbach to serve until March 29 as the city’s representatives to the Police Officers’ Pension Board of Trustees and the Firefighters’ Pension Board of Trustees;
- consider confirming Christopher Morris and Greg Stavanus as the Police Officers’ Pension Board of Trustees until February 2015;
- hear a presentation on the Hillsborough County Economic Prosperity Stakeholder Committee; and
- make appointments to the River Watch Task Force, Municipal Code Enforcement Board, and Hillsborough County Historical Advisory Council.
The Temple Terrace City Council meeting will begin at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall. It will be televised live on Verizon Channel 39 and Bright House Channel 950 and rebroadcast on Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays at 2 p.m.