Council to Consider 6.43 Tentative Millage Rate
The rate is an increase of 0.28 mills from the current fiscal year.
The City of Temple Terrace is considering raising the millage rate for fiscal year 2012-13 by 0.28 mills.
The 2011-12 millage rate is 6.15 mills or 6.15 per $1,000 of taxable value. That means if your house is worth $100,000, in theory, you pay $615 in taxes. On Tuesday evening, City Council members are scheduled to establish a tentative millage rate of 6.43 mills.
They’re also scheduled to set the public hearings for the fiscal year 2012-13 budget for Sept. 4 and 18 at 6 p.m. at City Hall.
According to the meeting agenda, the council is also expected to consider:
- raising local business taxes by 5 percent;
- awarding a contract to mill and resurface portions of Temple Heights Road and 53rd Street to Tampa Pavement Constructors for $67,453.80;
- awarding a contract to buy quicklime to Carmeuse Lime & Stone for $54,730;
- authorizing the purchase of yard waste disposal services from Consolidated Resource Recovery for no more than $75,000;
- awarding a five-year contract for Parks and Recreation management software for $35,000 and $7,500 for annual maintenance charges for two-five years; and
- approving a one-year library services agreement with Plant City and Hillsborough County.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at City Hall. It will be televised live on Verizon channel 39 and Bright House channel 950 and rebroadcast on Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays at 2 p.m.