Bay Area Renaissance Festival Begins This Weekend
The annual festival will run weekends Feb. 23-April 7 this year.
Are you ready to get medieval?
The Bay Area Renaissance Festival is back at the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) for its 35th year. The festival is open weekends Feb. 23-April 7.
"Journey back in time as more than 100 merchants contribute to the atmosphere of this charming 16th century village," the About section of the Bay Area Renaissance Festival website reads. "Experience live armored jousting, 12 stages of entertainment, 7 theme weekends, and fun and food for the whole family!"
Theme weekends include:
- Wine, Chocolate & Romance!, Feb. 23 and 24
- Highland Fling!, March 2 and 3
- Buccaneer Beer Fest!, March 9 and 10
- Shamrocks & Shenanigans!, March 16 and 17
- Wonders of the World!, March 23 and 24
- Fiesta Festival!, March 30 and 31
- High Seas Adventure!, April 6 and 7
New events this year include the Queen's Cupcake Wars on Feb. 24, and a Fairy House Competition throughout the festival.
For more information, visit the Bay Area Renaissance Festival website.
Headed to the festival? If you take pictures while you're there, share them in the Temple Terrace Patch Pics & Clips gallery!