Arts Council Raises Money at Tropical Nights Gala
The special event took place May 12 at Busch Gardens.
From the Temple Terrace Arts Council:
The Temple Terrace Arts Council hosted the Tropical Nights Gala at the Busch Gardens Gwazi Pavilion May 12 with food, fun and a chance to share a great night with individuals who have the same focus: a love of the arts.
Arts Council guests were greeted by the Busch Gardens macaws and flamingoes, actors on stilts and ladies dressed in tropical costumes and headdress.
Inside the pavilion, the evening began by viewing the pieces of art that were to be auctioned, either as a silent or live auction. Patrons mingled while they viewed the art, the sale of which will help support the arts in our community.
The following are examples of the ways the Temple Terrace Arts Council awards money to the community for the arts:
- Origami Sculpture on the façade of the Temple Terrace Family Recreation Complex
- Art Hanging System at both the Family Recreation Complex and Lightfoot Recreation Center
- Wall murals in the children’s section of the Temple Terrace Library, in the hall at Riverhills Elementary School, and also at Blake High School
- Terrace Community Middle School’s kiln (money awarded through grant program)
- King High School’s stained glass project (money awarded through grant program)
- Support the Summer Art Program and Winter Wonderland Arts & Crafts hosted by the Temple Terrace Leisure Services Department
- Helped the Leisure Services Department to buy Nikon camera; PA system; canopy tent; Honda air compressor
Set under the oak trees, the 39th annual Temple Terrace Community Arts Festival will take place Nov. 10 and 11 on the banks of the Hillsborough River. In addition to a juried fine arts show and beautiful craft items for sale, there will be entertainment, food and a children’s craft area. Area schools will have children’s art on display along the Riverwalk. The Arts Festival attracts more than 15,000 visitors each year and produces a great impact to our community.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 813-988-ARTS (2787).